Cost-Effective Alternatives to Divorce Court in Bernalillo County
If you and your spouse have decided to part ways amicably and are in overall agreement in how to divide your property and debts, then an uncontested divorce may be an excellent way for you to see an efficient conclusion to your case. These types of divorce are generally best suited to those with limited assets, and minimal or no custody and visitation conflicts.
Successful uncontested divorce proceedings offer numerous benefits, including:
- No court time and fewer legal fees meaning time and money saved for all parties
- You and your former spouse get to decide on your settlement, not the courts
At NM Divorce & Custody Law, LLC, our team of uncontested divorce attorneys in Albuquerque have everything you need to complete your settlement so you both can move on with your lives. Get in touch today!
Everyone’s support was wonderful, and so needed, during such a brutal, emotional, and heartbreaking time. - M.F.
Here at NM Divorce & Custody Law, LLC, we offer multiple alternatives to divorce court for clients who are in agreement about the terms of their divorces. These alternatives to court include:
The former allows each party to retain separate counsel, but work out their own divorce without the intervention of a judge. The latter does not allow for separate attorneys, but rather a third-party mediator guides both parties through the divorce process, also allowing them to come to their own decisions without a courtroom battle.
Amicable is Not the Same as Easy
It is important to remember that even if you and your former spouse agree on every aspect of the settlement, having an attorney to help you navigate the paperwork and help handle outstanding issues can be hugely helpful. The online resources available simply do not have the means to provide you with the tailored legal advice that your unique case may require. Our team can help you to ensure that your settlement addresses all pertinent issues, help you understand the long-term implications of the settlement, and draft and file all necessary paperwork.
- We think outside the box to find the best solution for you and your family.
- Our lead attorney has extensive experience in private practice & as a former prosecutor, and will take your case to trial.
- Our team has 20+ years of experience.
- We will manage expectations and not promise more than what the law would allow given the facts of your case.
Tamara and her team were extremely professional and responsive.