Helping Couples Navigate Premarital Agreements With Ease
Married couples can modify certain aspects of New Mexico community property laws after the wedding. Our team of Albuquerque postnuptial agreement lawyers have been helping couples draft agreements before and after marriage for years and can help guide you through the process.
Everyone’s support was wonderful, and so needed, during such a brutal, emotional, and heartbreaking time. - M.F.
After a couple gets married, sometimes they want to clarify what property is a community asset or debt, and what is the separate property or debt of each spouse. Sometimes this happens when the relationship gets rocky and the couple is considering getting divorced, but aren’t ready to give up on the marriage completely.
A post-nuptial agreement can address issues of:
- retirement benefits
- It can describe the couple’s wishes about custody and visitation of the minor children, and possibly child support
A post-nuptial agreement closely resembles a marital settlement agreement that is drafted in a divorce. That means there needs to be full disclosure of property and debt at the time the document is prepared, both sides have the right to his / her own lawyer, and nobody can be forced to sign a post-nuptial agreement.
- We think outside the box to find the best solution for you and your family.
- Our lead attorney has been through a divorce herself and knows what you're going through.
- Our team has over 55 years of combined experience.
- We find practical solutions to fix your problems.